Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cant get the trunk to open from the switch in my car but…

Customer Question
I cant get the...

I cant get the trunk to open from the switch in my car but will with the key does it have a trunk fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

Its the push button that wont work the keys does

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 nissan Altima coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I made sure the switch was on in the glove box and was looking for a fuse but couldnt find one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Nissan
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 3 years ago

the other way to inspect this is with a Nissan scan tool it can check the signal from the BCM control unit to the trunk solenoid for operation, let me know Thank you Roy!

Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 3 years ago

If you need anymore help please let me know Thank you Roy!