Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 06 nissan altima thats sat 5 months or so and i got…

I have a 06...

I have a 06 nissan altima thats sat 5 months or so and i got it to start today but let it idol to long with out moving about 2 min or less and it died then trying to restart it but wouldnt start. now i turn the key and i hear a drill like sound but no kick over or cranking like before

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Ive tried it in both drive and nuetral. and it has an ebrake

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am and ive tried checking sensors and fluids, also fuses. brand new battery, other than that nothig. i just got it today for 350 bucks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What would cause oil to be all over the engine

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/16/2018
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. is the drill like sound from the starter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
some where near the back of the engine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
couldnt tell for sure since i was by myself

sounds like the starter has failed if that nise is from the starter the bendix is likley failed so the starter would need to be rebuilt or replaced

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy