Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Door look unlock button not working dome lights not working…

Door look unlock button...

Door look unlock button not working dome lights not working fuse good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Dont have a repair manual only a owners manual n\

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2006 Sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuse for dome light could not tell which fuse controls lock button so could not check it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My passenger side sun visor broke I tried to remove it. the wires connecting to the visor miror light prevented that. They were probably stretched or broken. I suspect this may be part of the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/16/2018
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
The 30a fusible link powers the master switch at the blue wire/ white stripe.Check this and let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tomorrow
Sounds good.
It’s the fuse link box by the drivers headlight.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
K, talk to you tomorrow
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the 30 amp fuse link looked OK and passed a continuity check. What next?

since you did a continuity check, can you test for coming into the switch?

the Blue/white wire at terminal 1 should have power with the key to ON position.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is terminal 1?

its on the plug of the master window switch.

as mentioned the blue/white wire it's in the center of the connector.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would I need to remove the door panel to get to it?

the window switches pop straight up and out of the door panel. You don't need to remove the door panel.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I will give it a try and get back to you.

thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No luck getting the switches out. I am at the point where I think I may break something. A little past my skill level. I think I will turn this over to my mechanic. Thanks for your help!

Your welcome, if you or the mechanic need anything else just let me know I will leave this dialogue open.

just be sure to leave a kind rating when you get a chance please.

thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

your welcome.

Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician