Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I poured an engine oil into the part where it says warning…

I poured an engine...

I poured an engine oil into the part where it says warning and do not open if hot so now I’m freaking out and don’t know what to do and I’m afraid to turn my car on! Any idea please

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

The oil actually have a few month on it but I have to add oil into my car once a while

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It is Nissan Altima 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just adding more oil into and I’ve done it before but for some reason today I poured the oil into a wrong tube

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just this thank you!

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/15/2018
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

How much oil did you pour into the cooling system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just a little bit, you know that part doesn’t take liquid fast so I stopped when it didn’t go down

Just to make sure I know where you poured it into, can you send me a pic of where you poured it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really don’t have that money right now to make a phone call I’m sorry
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anything I can do to get the oil out of that part?

I understand. The site automatically send you the offer, not me.

Can you send me a pic of where you poured the oil so I can see how best to correct this problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just give me a second please

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did u received the picture

NO. You have to upload the pic through the "add file" button on your chat page.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t see add file

How much did you add to the radiator? I need to know the approximate amount please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when I used the water bottle and I started with full bottle which poured about this much

So you poured in about 1/2 cup correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Right

Can you still see the oil on the top of the coolant?

Do you have a turkey baster? You can use it with a small hose attached to the end of it to suck the oil out.

As long as you do not start the engine, the oil will stay on the top for a few hours.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t have the ticket baster
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I meant the turkey baster
Is anything I can use

If you have a small hose, you can stick it into the radiator, hold your finger over the other end and then pull the hose out. There will be some oil in the hose each time you do this till it all comes out. Other then this you would have to pull the upper and lower radiator hoses off and flush the radiator out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can I pull the radiator out tho

You will not need to pull the radiator out, just pull the upper and lower hose off and run a water hose through the radiator till it comes out clean.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see what you are saying
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you pour water into it to flash out?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also doesn’t it affect the engine?

After you flush it out, and reconnect the hoses, you will have to add new antifreeze to refill the radiator. Use straight antifreeze to refill it, nit the 50/50 mix.

With the hoses removed for the radiator, the oil will not be bale to get into the engine when you flush the radiator out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m afraid to it myself so do you think I’ll be ok turning my car on and take it to a mechanic to do it for me

If you do that, they will need to flush the entire system out for you, but yes, that would be ok. There is not enough oil in it to cause serious damage.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it ok to flash the entire system out?

Yes. The entire system should be flushed every 3 years anyway to make sure the antifreeze does not break down and not work as well as it should.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you so much I will take it to the mechanic

You are very welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do I get any refund?

Sure I did not want to get paid today anyway/.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do you mean you didn’t want to get pay today I’m sorry I just want to be clear

You asked for a refund, that means I do not get paid. Not a problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see I didn’t know how much you charge cuz I deposited $36
Thank you!

If you ask for a refund you get it all back. No problem I will turn the refund in for you. Have a good day.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this a membership thing cuz
I didn’t want to be a member since I needed only a one time service
Thank you for your understanding

You do not have to accept the membership if you do not want to. But you do have to pay for your answer for each question you ask, unless you are unhappy with, or the answer you receive is incorrect.

I only get paid if you rate me a positive rating, and do not ask for a refund.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You did answered my question I appreciate for that but I didn’t know how much I suppose bro pay also yes I didn’t want the membership

I do not have access to how much you have paid in to the site, so I can not answer that. You would have to call customer support and ask them. All I do for this site is answer the questions to the best of my ability.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see thank you!

You are welcome.

Do you still want a refund, or are you going to rate me?

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh I’m sorry I got destructed here

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are welcome

Let me know if you have any more questions.