Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have to flood the car to get it to start. i know the

I have to flood...

I have to flood the car to get it to start. i know the sensor/float in the gas tank is bad. will just replacing that fix the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The code is for the fuel float in the gas tank

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

The gas guage does not work 2007 nissan versa hatchback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

It looks as though i am going to have to fix it myself as the quotes i am getting dealerships is over $1000 and i don't have that kind of money

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not a typical versa hatchback as i had to special order a battery and alternator for it

7/14/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

Can you tell me all the codes in the system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all i can remember is that the float/sensor in the fuel tank is bad and it shows i am empty on the fuel gauge even if i just fill it up

do you have a copy of the estimate? it should be on there

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no i called and every dealer that i have called said it will be $600 to change the float, then they will run it for awhile then hook it up to be diagnosed and then start to check if anything is wrong with car

ok so are you wanting to change this yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i can not afford to have it fixed by a dealership
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there a fuel filter i can change

yes everything is in the tank, let me get the procedure for you, be right back

its not that bad for this model, this should save you a ton of money, below is the procedure and parts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4a85a6uspnueqgz/sat3.pdf?dl=0

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,2007,versa,1.8l+l4,1433461,fuel+&+air,fuel+pump+&+housing+assembly,10147

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician