Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE....in fantastic shape…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE....in fantastic shape with only 145000 miles. I am having a problem with the bose stereo...makes a popping noise and goes out...radio is still on...display is lit...just no sound out of the speakers! I hear that my vehicle has an amp for each speaker? that would figure...but all speakers go out....and then will all come back on....making a popping noise...

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Popping noise comes out of the speakers...pops and then no sound...radio still on...been going on about 2 weeks now....but staying off longer...and some times when it is working...if I shut the vehicle off and then restart...the sound will not be coming out even thought the radio is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just began to look at this.....amps....head unit....I hear there is one amp per speaker? yes doing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
7/14/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• About to finish up my shift here. As you can see we got behind today and could not catch up
  • I believe I can help you but I need to make sure help is still needed.
  • I normally log back in around noon, so if I hear back from you, that is when I too will reply
  • Please reply Continue or Cancel
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
continue
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what I need to know is there an amp for each speaker in the 2001 Nissan pathfinder? my system has the head unit with the cassette player....and a 6 cd changer below that! if all the speakers are going out...my guess is something is loose or there is a problem with the head unit? the face number is ***** Just wondering if you have any Idea what would cause all the speakers to go out if they all have an amp on them? and yes...occasionally they all pop back on....any helpful info would be great!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
could it be the head unit because all the speakers go out? the radio stays on (display is lit...looks like it should be playing) but no sound out of the speakers!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is not caused by a bump....can go on or off at anytime!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also....if the radio is working....once I turn the truck back on the radio usually doesn't play sound until later on while driving....pop....and the sound comes on!
  1. what I need to know is there an amp for each speaker in the 2001 Nissan pathfinder?
  2. Just wondering if you have any Idea what would cause all the speakers to go out if they all have an amp on them?
  3. could it be the head unit because all the speakers go out?

-----------

1. You have an amp but it only controls the rear speakers. The front speakers are controlled by the radio, but each front speaker has its own built-in amp. The front speakers also control the front tweeters.
  2. and 3 This should be the radio to blame in your model
  3. Here is your wire diagram https://www.dropbox.com/s/oym9ymsp2cy53gm/pathradio.pdf?dl=0
  4. Here are the diag steps https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkb4wxm3ebmlawm/bosesys.png?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris