Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its not a ford its a Nissan titan. 2015 sv. I am. the issue…

Its not a ford...

Its not a ford its a Nissan titan

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Titan?

2015 sv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am . the issue I have is the speakers have no sound when the engine is running but when the ignition is in the acc the speakers are fine, also I lost heat for no reason.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is it,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could it be the amplifier, battery, or ignition switch
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess no one can answe my question
7/14/2018
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, Jake here.

So you lost heat and sounds from speakers with engine running?

I re-read the question, apparently I had it backwards. Your saying no sound in ACC mode?

The heat and the radio speakers are probably separate issues though.

The majority of times when you have no heat it's because the heater valve at the firewall is bad or stuck and not turning to allow coolant flow though the heater core.

the speakers working in ACC but not while driving is a bit weird. I have seen it before when the alternator is overcharging or there is an issue with teh radio itself.

let me know when you an chat.

Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I have speakers in acc mode no sound or heat when engine is running
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am pulling 12.89v when engine is not running with running I am pulling 13.89v. I have done a hard reset. I have checked the ignition switch no voltage drop out. Voltage drops to 10.26v when starting.
I apologize I didn’t notice you had replied.Those readings are good, they are actually even a “tad” low but definAtely acceptable.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know that’s why I am confused
Let me look at something, be right back.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the rf system with the Rockford fosgate and the Bosch head 50w amp that is under the dash
With the ignition switch to ON position the the green/white wire at the amp should get power. This is the amp ON signal. There is not an an amp on trigger in ACC position the audio unit just powers the front and rear speakers.
Looks like once the engine is started (ignition is in ON) position that the amp powers the speakers.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok that makes since. That explains why the speakers go out when the engine is running. The speaker output is through the map and if the map is going out then you loose speakers.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now to loose heat and have a amp problem over heating. What would cause that issue all of the sudden.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would it because by the battery or buy the alternator
The most common reason to lose heat is the heater valve not operating. There is a heater valve at the passengers firewall that’s electric. When they fail not coolant flows through the heater core so you have no heat.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I’ll check it out thank you
Your welcome.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do they make a after market wire harness for the amp. To add a aftermarket amp
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m not paying 1100 for a 55w amp
My advice would be to buy one off eBay. They are on there quite often.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok ty
No problem, if for some reason you can’t get one in a reasonable amount of time then an aftermarket amp can be converted to work any local stereo shop can do it if you don’t want to mess with it yourself.