Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a DT code P0440. Po440, and no I did not try to reset…

Customer Question
I got a DT...

I got a DT code P0440

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Po440, and no I did not try to reset yet!!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1997 nissan frontier EX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing ,just used the code reader. I replaced the carbon tank purge valve a week ago and have been doing a extensive drive test and not able to get rid of yellow light, I gues this is wuy.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
7/12/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The P0440 is for the Evap system. If you take the hose off the Purge valve, and shake it, do you get black pellets coming out of the hose?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked the gas cap & its tight & clean.

ok.. This code can be a number of things. So I would like if you simply work with me and answer questions I ask to see if we can Isolate your issue.

Back to the Purge Valve. If you popped off the hose that goes to the Canister, and shake it. Does any black pellets come out?