Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1997 Nissan Maxima Unable to start manual transmission

Customer Question
1997 Nissan Maxima Unable...

1997 Nissan Maxima Unable to start manual transmission Replace ignition switch, starter motor, and EGI relay. But it sounds only click.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Replaced all of above parts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would you recommend to replace Inhabit Clutch Inter Lock?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I: have not received any response.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/11/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can you go to the starter and cross a tool or wire across both terminal connections there with the parking brake on, key in the run position and transmission in neutral.

Will it crank?

Will it start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I tried to connect battery, it sparks and solonid turns.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to connect battery cable to negative terminal, it sparks and solinod turns but not engine.

When you reconnected your battery was the jumper I asked about already in place or was the starter trying to engage on its own once the battery was connected?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris