Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Bluetooth connection. Nissan rogue 2014. Restarting phone…

Customer Question
Bluetooth connection Mechanic's Assistant:...

Bluetooth connection

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Nissan rogue 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Restarting phone and car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Turned of wifi and Bluetooth

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Nissan
6/1/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 21 days ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, Bluetooth connections can be a nightmare sometimes unfortunately.What model phone are you using?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Iphone 7
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Iphone 8
Gotcha, those work fine and are compatible.What is your problem? Making calls?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
when i use phone and bluethood option it searches like it crashed
Gotcha, first thing I would do is DELETE all phones from the Bluetooth pairing settings.
Then reconnect the phones and see if it resolves the issue.
That is probably the most successful step I have with the bluetooth issues related to crashing and disconnecting.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I did in phone but in car i cant get into that option because its in loading mode when i go to Bluetooth options
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It cand find cars Bluetooth
Well crap, how long has it been doing this? The loading?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
A long time but onlu phone and bluetooth options
If it’s only in that option, then I am not sure disconnecting the battery will help. It would be the best thing to try since you cannot flash the software or update it without a scan tool though.Have you attempted to disconnect the battery for a few minutes yet.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No not yet
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
From phone or car?
The car
Your in U.S. correct?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
In the process of disconnecting car battery
Sounds good.Was just making sure!
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How long should i wait
About 3 minutes
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It didnt work
Yea, your going have to get the software flashed to unfreeze it if that didn’t work. There is no self diagnosis function for the Bluetooth functions.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What does it mean i have to go to nissan dealer ?
If the hard reset didn’t unfreeze it, then you need the dealer to do a software flash, it’s a quick 30 minutes job.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I dont have warranty anymore
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Thats why im looking for quick fixs
I get that, but we tried the quick fixes already.