Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rpm, speedometer, fuel light and air condition won't…

Customer Question
The rpm, speedometer, fuel...

The rpm, speedometer, fuel light and air condition won't work but the dash board lights up

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

The dash board bulbs lights comes on the fuses are all good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2006 Nissan maxima 3.5 sl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. have check the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all so far

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
5/31/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Unfortunately there's not a separate fuse for any, there are a couple of different power wires that go to it but it's for constant power and then key on ignition power if any portion of the gauge cluster is working but some portion of it is not then that means that the instrument cluster is faulty.You'll need to remove your instrument cluster and send it off to be rebuilt and I don't think that your vehicle will run with the instrument cluster removed because most is fruit clusters either contain the can bus Gateway or the immobilizer system or both.As far as the air conditioning, are you stating that the air conditioning lights does not function? Where are you staying the the actual air conditioning does not function? Because the air conditioning is controlled by the climate control knobs or electronic climate control and then that signal to run the AC compressor is handled by the climate control AC compressor is handled by the climate control and then often that single is pass to the engine control module which has the final say in actually turning in AC compressor on.I've attached a chart of what the air conditioning pressures should be given an ambient temperature outside you need to rent or buy an AC manifold gauge set and check the pressures. You can buy a gauge set from Amazon for $30 or Harbor Freight for about the same price but also the auto parts store will rent you one for free as long as you bring it back within 48 hours but you do have to put a larger deposit down.If the AC compressor is not actually waiting at all then you need to disconnect the connector from the compressor and if it has one wire you just give it power if it has two wires you need to give it power and ground, I don't think that it matters which is which but you should be able to tell from the wiring colors because ground will be either black or green and Powers going to be probably red or white. So you'll manually power the AC compressor up and if the pressures are okay and the system isn't actuatimg then most likely the AC pressure switch is just faulty and telling the vehicle that the pressure is too low to actuate.If the low side pressure is low then you're going to want to add refrigerant using the center yellow hose of the AC gauge set you close the high side valve open the low side valve power up the compressor and let it dry and refrigerate until the low side pressure is where it's supposed to be based on the outdoor temperature.If the high side pressure starts to shoot up over 225 immediately shut the compressor down, that means that the receiver drier is contaminated with debris or moisture and you need to replace the receiver drier and you need to spray brake clean into all the hoses and then spray them out with air to get any debris out of the system, replace any seals from lines you just connected, and then you're going to need to add more refrigerant oil to the system to make up for what you cleaned out of the hoses.Do not blow compressed air through the expansion valve at the firewall where the evaporator is because it can damage the evaporator that requires removing the entire Dash and I don't think you want to do that but you definitely want to make sure you clean out the evaporator and the condenser. This is especially true if the AC compressor is actually faulty.If I have answered your questions please remember to hit accept next to my name because that's the only way that we get paid for helping on this site we don't get in minimum hourly wage. A lot of people lately because of the new membership have been going off in 15 their vehicles and forgetting to come back and hit except even in cases where I know for a fact that I was correct about what's wrong with the vehicle and when that happens this site just keeps the customers money for them self and does not compensate Us in any way. Let me know if you need any more assistance.