Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It will not start. No it’s not corroded. 2014 Murano. I

Customer Question
It will not start ...

It will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No it’s not corroded

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014 Murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

I thought it was the battery, my neighbor gave me a jump but it’s still not starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All the lights in the car comes on so it may not be the battery

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
5/30/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What does the car do when you try to start it? Does the ignition come on? Do you get Rapid Clicking? Single Click? ...

Just making a clicking noise

Rapid Clicking? Single Click?

Rapid clicking

I know you tried jump starting the car, but if you are getting a Rapid clicking, that is a weak battery. Do you have any type of Road Side Service? Could be the Jumper cables used were bad, or had a bad connection which is why it didn't work.

Let me know..

No I don’t have road side assistance

Then I would try again to jump start the vehicle. wiggle connection to see if it will take. Maybe also leave the cables on for 5 mins before attempting to start. If no change, then try a different set of cables.

Rapid clicking when you attempt to start the car is a weak battery. A single click is a Bad Starter.