Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ron, ya know I had that problem and then I got stranded in…

Customer Question
Hey Ron, ya know I...
Hey Ron, ya know I had that problem and then I got stranded in the middle of the street, thought the battery was no good, replaced then the alternator did go out. My problem is now the battery light on the dash does not light and the new alternator isn't working, could it be a faulty alternator? How do I get up under there so I can put the volt meter on there?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Where did you buy this New Alternator you installed? Also what Model and Year Nissa is this?

bought at WabCo, for 2003 Nissan Murano SE
Battery is not charging and the charge light Is not coming on

Ok.. So when it come to Alternators when you get them After Market, they never work right. Also, the Average life span of a After Market Alternator is a year or less. So when it comes to Alternators, I suggest you get it from the dealer.

So the issue you are having is due to a defective after market Alternator. It is very common to have them not work right out of the box. If you have a Volt Meter I can show you how to verify it.. Do you have one?

also curious if you know what the correct alternator pigtail plug is, old one is cracked up needs to be replaced, ordered it twice, both times they sent me the wrong plug.

You mean the wiring info as far as order?

I have been saying the alternator is bad every since they replaced it, need it to be fixed now. That would be great, but they keep tellling me the plug from the pigtail needs to be replaced cuz its not locking in.

That could be true also.. But if the Alternator is after market, that is your problem as well.

Hang on while I get you the Alternator connector layout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1qgc6dt0x2gt1a/1%20Murano%20Alt%20Diag.pdf?dl=0

This is the complete wiring diagram and connector wiring layout is on the bottom. This wiring in the connector images is where the wires would go into the Back side of the connector.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!