Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 Nissan is losing acceleration while driving, what…

Customer Question
Hi, my 2012 Nissan...

Hi, my 2012 Nissan is losing acceleration while driving, what could be the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Transmission is the original and no haven’t checked the fuel filters where are they?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Nissan?

2.5 s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are on the road it has just started this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It’s scting like it’s going into safe mode.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 26 days ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What do you mean you are loosing Acceleration? please explain.. Also let me know if you have any warning lights on as well...

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No lights. Running at any speed occasionally it will not get over 2000 rpm weather it is any gear. Even with throttle on the floor. Turn off and cool down then run a bit then it happens again
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Horrible service text works best

Do you find that the vehicle will accelerate when you do it lightly? It just under heavier acceleration it acts up?

The Payment Failed for the Premium Service Request. May want to try a different credit card for that.

We can continue through text if you like.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Tried light heavy and medium acceleration

When the car goes into limp mode, you will have like no acceleration. Just enough to get to the side of the road.

If your loosing acceleration at around 2k rpms, that is a sign of a Bad MAF sensor normally. Do you have any warning lights on when the car is running? Such as a Service Engine Soon light?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No lights warnings at all

When there is no warning lights, I would start with checking fuel pressure and monitoring fuel trim readings .

Also what Model Nissan is this? Altima?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
2012 altima 2.5s

So the Air Intake Boot I would check to see if there is any rips in it that can cause a imbalance of fuel trim which can cause this. If the boot has no rips, then I would check fuel pressure and monitor fuel trim readings for your issue to determine if you have a Fuel pump not putting out enough pressure causing your issue, or a MAF sensor not metering air properly or a vacuum leak.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!