Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 pathfinder, I called the dealer to please

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 pathfinder, I called the dealer to please replace the freeon as my cooling in the car is not cold anymore. they said we cannot put in the freeon without checking the car. You have to leave the car with us. ????

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

I get a checkup at least 3 or 4 times a year, my pathfinder has only 43,000 miles and is very well cared for, why cant they just put in the freeon like I asked them.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

I don't know how?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do not fix anything my self, how do I try to check the freeon?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I would like to be connected.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 20 days ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Most places will do an A/C service on the vehicle for you. I am not really sure what they are trying to pull here. They can't just add freon though, they do need to evacuate the system, check it for leaks, then add the freon. This doesn't take all day and usually, the whole service takes an hour. So unless they are super busy, you should be able to have it serviced while you wait.

That being said, there are also independent shops capable of doing the A/C service for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and membership questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 19 days ago

Do you need more help with this?