Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Someone reversed battery cables tried to start wouldnt,

Customer Question
Someone reversed battery cables...

Someone reversed battery cables tried to start wouldnt, found reversed wires corrected tried to start primes runs for a few seconds then will not restart

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

It isnt getting fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1985 Nissan 300zx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300ZX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuse to fuel pump it is good,looking for relay or fuel saftey switch

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
5/30/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Please continue I want money's worth. This is ridiculous.
Nissan Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. Sorry no one has helped you with this yet.

Have you checked for voltage at the fuel pump?

No because when I initially turn the key I get fuel to the injecter. It will start and run but only for about 5 seconds. Then when I try again it will not start. This leads me to believe that it is a relay or saftey switch. My problem is I can not find this relay nor safety switch. And everytime I google it each site tells me something different. This is why I am asking a Nissan mechanic.

I will open this up to other experts.

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago
eric remington

H​ello I have repaired over 30000 vehicles in my career and I need to ask you questions since I am not there in person to gather facts, data, or to test your vehicle. I may ask you to perform testing in my stead. If testing is needed and you would rather not perform testing I can give my best advice.

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

Does vehicle have security system? Factory or aftermarket? Do you have a voltmeter or testlight?

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

M​ay I have vehicle ID number please?

Eric yes it does have a factory security system. I think i have a voltmeter somewhere. Here is the problem. Would my fuel pump prime if it wasn't getting electricity? And if not, where is the safety switch or relay on this car?
I know that they place in a different spot on every car. And why can't any of you answer this question?
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

I​ AM NOT THERE TO TEST YOUR VEHICLE ....THESE THINGS TAKE TIME....HAVE YOU DONE ALL THAT I ASKED YOU TO DO LOOK OVER WHAT I WROTE. REMEMBER YOU NEED TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

VIN NUMBER PLEASE