Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Getting a P1140 fault (2001 Pathfinder Le 3.5. 2001

Customer Question
Getting a P1140 fault...

Getting a P1140 fault (2001 Pathfinder Le 3.5

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pathfinder?

2001 Pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just getting started. Plan to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Matter fully charged and headlight turn on and off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just trying to determine what is causing the fault and what parts is needed.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Nissan
5/29/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 19 days ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need. The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I'll let you know if it's needed.

The common cause for the code P1140 to set on your 3.5 is in most cases caused by a failing Intake Valve Timing Control Position (IVTCP) Sensor (passenger) side. (. Before you consider replacing it you should check the voltage at the sensor. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below. If the voltage reading check okay then replacing the sensor should solve this code for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mecpbofwlpbvlxg/right%20side%20May%2029.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician