Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an A/C problem. It stopped blowing cold and it’s the…

Customer Question
I have an A/C...

I have an A/C problem. It stopped blowing cold and it’s the 2nd time in less than 4 months. They told me at the mechanic shop that I need a new ac unit. I want to purchase the equipment by myself but I’m not sure if I just need a new condenser and compressor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes it was empty. They found some leak in the condenser

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Nissan Altima 2014 SL 2.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I didn’t try anything yet. I want to make sure that I purchased the right parts

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that’s all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
5/29/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need. The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I'll let you know if it's needed.

When they checked the AC system was a leak in the condenser the only thing they found?