Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had brakes put on my Sentra 2 months ago now I’m having…

Customer Question
I had brakes put...

I had brakes put on my Sentra 2 months ago now I’m having trouble with the Vic light. Could there be a connection.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Don’t know. Always take it to dealer for service. Had it serviced and inspected in March.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sentra?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Going to try to take back to dealer. Don’t have anyone to check it for me

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

4new tires and the brakes are the only thing I’ve had done to it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
5/28/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

When you say VIC light what do you mean by that? can you send a picture of the light?

Not Vic. The vdc. Vehicle dynamics control light

yes they can be related, one of the sensors or wiring could have been damaged upon install, I would have the codes pulled and check the issue having to do with the code and you will find your problem with that, if you can get me the code i can lead you though the troubleshooting process