Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Nissan Xterra pro-4x and the immobilizer is on and…

Customer Question
I have a Nissan...

I have a Nissan Xterra pro-4x and the immobilizer is on and I can't get it to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Xterra?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have unhooked the negate terminal on battery and tried using key to unlock drivers door and hatch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We are camping and trying to return home

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Nissan
5/28/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 27 days ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi​ my name is ***** ***** i will be helping oyu today

do you have a alarm going off ?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
no alarm the ignition switch os locked. i ahve both sets of keys but cannot start xterra

so you cannot turn the key

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
no i cannot security light is blinking

that should blink that is normal . is the steering wheel lock ?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it is also locked
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i have tried using the key and disconnecting the negative terminal

t​ry this turn the steering wheel as much as you can pull it hard and hold it then turn the key as much as you can then let go of the wheel while holding the key see if this unlock the wheel

r u there do you have any more questions