Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I get a little shudder, i.e. stuttering when I shift from…

Customer Question
I get a little...

I get a little shudder, i.e. stuttering when I shift from park to first gear? What is it and likly repair needed

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leakage 119000 miles 10 years old on this sealed transmission.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Nissan?

SL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i have not tried anything, this occasional problem is a fairly new developement.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If repaired, how long will a well maintained, oil changes etc., likely last?

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Nissan
5/28/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 23 days ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, what model? Versa? Altima? What?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Murano SL
you experience any noise or shudder when driving? Especially during light acceleration?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
answered it is a Murano SL now what is the answer to my questions? or is this just to raise the cost of my experience? the $5.00 could lead to more questions and more fees, which is OK but to not get an answer to my original questions seems like a scam? what is it answer or refund .
Realize that the cost is for the question, regardless of how long it takes for us to chat there is not additional fees. Ask all you need until we resolve it.That being said....
First thing to keep in mind is that the 07 and 08 Muranos has a CVT warranty extension. For 10 years/120k miles on the CVT. Your likely over the age but not the mileage so Nissan will likely work with you to share the expense if it turns out to be severe.
The shudder your experiencing when shifting into gear is likely related to the torque converter, which is the whole reason is asked you about any shudder under light acceleration as this would confirm my suspicion.
The thing to remember about the TCC is that fluid deterioration is susceptible to shudder issues. So if that’s the case you would start with a fluid exchange and go from there to see if it resolves itself.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I will schedule a fluid flush as soon as possible and take it from there. Very much appreciate your answer and will consider the other arrangements in the future. Good job. Thanks, Ed
Thanks, ***** ***** need anything else just let me know.If not please be sure to leave a kind rating.