Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My fan control switch for air flow is inoperable. In the off…

Customer Question
Hi, my fan control...

Hi, my fan control switch for air flow is inoperable. In the off position, it still blows. I have a 2009 Titan, 5.6 4X4. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

I noticed it this morning. 123,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Basically, nothing so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time, thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
5/28/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

So the blower still blows in off position, does it blow in all other speeds and if so is it the same speed at all positions?

This is usually caused by a bad variable blower control. You can confirm this by removing the Green/Red wire from the connector at the variable blower control (front) and see if the blower motor stays on with the key on. If so, replace the variable blower control. The variable blower control is located on the cooling unit.

It is my goal to give you 5 star service, so please give me a 5 star rating before leaving the site today.

Just following up to see if you still need help with this question? If not please take time to leave a positive rating for my time spent with you, I don't get paid for my time unless you leave a positive rating.