Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I’m replacing the cooling fan. Having a hard time removing…

Customer Question
I’m replacing the cooling...

I’m replacing the cooling fan. Having a hard time removing the old one. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2016 pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I’ve removed everything that seems to be in the way of the fan assembly. But just doesn’t seem to have enough room to get it loose and out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you asking about the radiator cooling fan? and which engine do you have in this?

3.5 v6
radiator cooling fan

ok, to remove these, the battery, battery tray and battery tray bracket has to be removed, and the upper radiator hose, do you have all these off?

Everything but radiator hose is off

and you have the cooling fan module unplugged and also removed?

unpluggged and removed!

do you have the two screws removed from the fan motor assembly?

so the fan is loose, but you cant get it out?

are you still here?

Waiting on you. The fan is loose just can’t get it out. Not enough room

ok, you have the battery, battery tray AND the battery tray bracket removed? but the upper radiator hose is still on?

But that doesn’t seem like it’s be an issue to pull the fan iut

the upper radiator hose will interfere with removing it, once it is off, you can snake the fan assembly out,Tim

Ok thanks

Anytime my friend,Tim