Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I filled my tank and the needle appears to be working

Customer Question
I filled my tank...

I filled my tank and the needle appears to be working indicating it is full, however, the gauge cluster which indicates how many miles I have available per the full tank, registered as 285 miles instead of the typical 485 miles I get with a full tank...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014 Nissan Pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not sure where to start or what to do? someone told me to reset it...but don't know how

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery was just replaced about 2 weeks ago - brand new

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
5/26/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, did you try driving for a few minutes to see if it adjusted?
have drove at least 30-40 miles
Took it to dealer today - mechanic said he has never worked on a problem like this before and recommended replacement of gauge cluster for $1100....no testing completed?? Only that no diagnostic codes showed in preliminary
The service desk gal said it could be reset - but mechanic was not familiar with how to do that....any ideas?
Correct you can rest the mileage learning, what does the MPG show for average?
18.9 miles
18.9 mpg
Do this, if you have steering wheel controls click the squares above the “enter” until the fuel info shows, hen press and hold the squares to reset it.Next press “info” on the center display, select fuel economy, then reset.
Then drive and see if the issue resolves itself.If not we can try a hard reset with the battery.