Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ive got a 2010 Nissan Titan and I either got bad gas or ran…

Customer Question
Ive got a 2010...

Ive got a 2010 Nissan Titan and I either got bad gas or ran it to low. I changed the spark plugs thinking the gas may have fouled them, and put a fuel system cleaner in to purify the gas. Those fixes worked some, but its still running rough. I wanted to change the fuel filter. How would i go about doing this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

Don't know I was hoping you could tell me. Its a 2010 V8 5.6 S.E.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to do it myself. I've changed spark plugs and added a fuel system cleaner.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so. Thanks.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
5/25/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! Have you taken a actual fuel sample from the fuel rail? Have you checked spark? do you have a check engine light on? if so do you have the codes?

Dont know how to take a fuel sample from the fuel rail, Changed spark plugs, they needed changing and yes have a check engine light. Autozone indicated that there were several misfires.
I would prefer to communicate this way thank you.

to take a fuel sample pull the fuel line that is coming into the fuel rail and empty it into a clear plastic bottle, have someone cycle key to get fuel moving, we need to see if and how bad the fuel is

Where is fuel line located and who would I have "cycle key" it to see how bad it is?

its the line feeding the fuel rail, if you take a picture ill show you and I dont know who you will get to "cycle key" do you not have any people around you at all?

Where is the fuel rail on the engine? By People are you referring to mechanics or can someone at an auto parts store do it?

im talking about anyone who has the ability to move the key into the on position, and again if you take a picture of the engine bay and send it ill circle where the line is located

I apologize. I’m at work right now. Is there any way I can contact you later today?

you sure can, no worries on time, this question lasts as long as we need to get the situation fixed and could last over a number of days, it doesn’t cost any extra per question or time limit, just the one fee and that’s it.

How will I get you a picture of the engine bay?

just use the add files button or paperclip on the screen

Thank you!

sure thing ill be here when your ready