Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No fine. 2010. Replaced battery inside fob. But seems like…

Customer Question
2010 Mechanic's Assistant: Are...

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced battery inside fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

But seems like immobilizer system turned on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Key is not detected

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/2/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 19 days ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your questionWhat Model Nissan is this?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
juke 2010-11
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 18 days ago

Can you tell me if the steering wheel is locked?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
no steering wheel is unlocked.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
no steering wheel is unlocked. i ran out of fuel last day. and my car was my middle of the road so i had to take it to side of road by putting the car to “n” in the gear boz. later on i refueled my car and then it doesnot start anymore.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
i replaced remote battery , it doesnot help
at all.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
it seems like my remote is not detected by my vehicle
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 16 days ago
That means you need a steering lock control unit. I have a video that may help get the car started. Just give me a few. I just woke up
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
ok i am here . i tried to release steering lock release it doesnot help.
Give me 15 more mins. I will then be at a computer
Replying on phone at the moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk

Try this and see if this works...

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
this is what exactly happens with my car. but where do i hammer?
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
do i need to remove plastic cover below steering?

The Steering lock control unit is just off to the right side of the steering column. You may want to remove that lower part of the drivers side dash to get better room

This trick works most of the time. But not all the time. So if it works .. Great!! but you will still need to replace the steering lock control unit cause this issue may happen again. If it doesn't work, then you will need to replace the steering lock control unit anyway to resolve your issue. But this is why the car is not starting.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
my car is right hand drive

Right or Left Hand Drive, doesn't matter. Same system.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
should i hammer on red marked area?

Yeah... That is where the control unit is located on the side of the steering column. Could be on the left on yours..

I am about to start work. So my replies could be delayed if you require further assistance.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
ok should i open this thing from its compartment and hammer? or i can hammer it right away without unscrew?

I tap them on the side with out removing them while holding the brake pedal and tapping the start button.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
it doesn’t work
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 15 days ago

As I said, it works most of the time, but not all the time. So if the tapping trick does not work, it still will need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
jay it seems like immobilizer system is activated. when immobilizer is on will the navigation stystem will turn on?
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
the picture you marked that item is steering pump not lock system
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 14 days ago

Power steering pump is under the hood connected to the engine. I pointed to the steering lock control unit

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician