Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No fine. 2010. Replaced battery inside fob. But seems like…

Customer Question
2010 Mechanic's Assistant: Are...

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced battery inside fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

But seems like immobilizer system turned on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Key is not detected

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/2/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your questionWhat Model Nissan is this?
juke 2010-11

Can you tell me if the steering wheel is locked?

no steering wheel is unlocked.
no steering wheel is unlocked. i ran out of fuel last day. and my car was my middle of the road so i had to take it to side of road by putting the car to “n” in the gear boz. later on i refueled my car and then it doesnot start anymore.
i replaced remote battery , it doesnot help
at all.
it seems like my remote is not detected by my vehicle
That means you need a steering lock control unit. I have a video that may help get the car started. Just give me a few. I just woke up
ok i am here . i tried to release steering lock release it doesnot help.
Give me 15 more mins. I will then be at a computer
Replying on phone at the moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk

Try this and see if this works...

this is what exactly happens with my car. but where do i hammer?
do i need to remove plastic cover below steering?

The Steering lock control unit is just off to the right side of the steering column. You may want to remove that lower part of the drivers side dash to get better room

This trick works most of the time. But not all the time. So if it works .. Great!! but you will still need to replace the steering lock control unit cause this issue may happen again. If it doesn't work, then you will need to replace the steering lock control unit anyway to resolve your issue. But this is why the car is not starting.

my car is right hand drive

Right or Left Hand Drive, doesn't matter. Same system.

should i hammer on red marked area?

Yeah... That is where the control unit is located on the side of the steering column. Could be on the left on yours..

I am about to start work. So my replies could be delayed if you require further assistance.

ok should i open this thing from its compartment and hammer? or i can hammer it right away without unscrew?

I tap them on the side with out removing them while holding the brake pedal and tapping the start button.

it doesn’t work

As I said, it works most of the time, but not all the time. So if the tapping trick does not work, it still will need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

jay it seems like immobilizer system is activated. when immobilizer is on will the navigation stystem will turn on?
the picture you marked that item is steering pump not lock system

Power steering pump is under the hood connected to the engine. I pointed to the steering lock control unit