Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key fob is stuck in the ignition. I accidently put the…

The key fob is stuck...
The key fob is stuck in the ignition. I accidently put the fob in backwards. The car will not start and says no key.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/6/2018
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question. What year murano is this?

2014

so your placed the key fob in the slot by the drivers knee backwards? is that what your saying?

Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Please call 205/531-0074
Phone call session started

I tried to call you back a second time after you sent the picture, but no-one was there?

In order for your fob to dissapear into the slot like that the fob base plate / ejector had to come apart if the WHOLE FOB was inserted. Its a sealed box as you can see from my pictures and its very easy to remove.

May be easier in your current situation to just remove the FOB slot unit like in the email I sent and remove the FOB from there. worst case scenario you can take the box apart and try to fix the spring/base plate to prevent having to pay $120 for a new slot module from the dealer.

If the cluster was telling you "no key" prior to inserting it in the slot, generally all that means is the key needs a new battery cr2032. Inserting the FOB is a bypass for the dead FOB but needs to go in logo first.

I am happy to call again a 3rd time if you want. Just reply here when your ready by the phone.