Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My rear defroster is not working and I am not getting any…

My rear defroster is...

My rear defroster is not working and I am not getting any radio signal through the antenna is there a fuse for this

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides the radio, are any other circuits affected?

No. But the antenna is in the rear window with the defroster and these are the two problems I'm having

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

06 Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've looked for the great connector but it must be behind one of the interior panels I've checked the fuse box but I don't see a fuse for defroster or the antenna

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Grid connector

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/4/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

you would need to remove the c pillow turn the defogger on and check for power at the connector on the glass do you have a volt meter

No power at the glass, we have checked that. That's why I was asking if there is another fuse somewhere other than the drivers side fuse panel for the defroster

i​s your car a 4 or 6 cylinder

4

ok let me check that for you

there are 3 fuses a relay and a condenser in the system one fuse under the steering wheel and two in the ipdm fuse box next to the washer fluid bottle

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Great. Thank you for your help

your welcome