Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am installing a oem radio that accepts a backup camera…

I am installing a...

I am installing a oem radio that accepts a backup camera input in a 2009 Nissan Murano. The radio needs a wire to use as a camera trigger. I do not know if there is a wire that was part of the old radio harness or do I need to tap into the brake wiring.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Aftermarket

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

I installed the backup camera to the license plate and successfully used the rear brake lights for power. If I manually select the backup camera from the radio I can see the image. It should automatically switch to camera mode when you put the car in reverse but it doesn't. There is a purple 'trigger' lead to the radio but not sure what wire to power it with to use as a backup trigger.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that should cover it. thanks

4/4/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I can assist you with providing you with the wiring diagram to help you, but since you are working with a after market unit, there is no way I can really assist other than just provide you with the information. Is that ok? Can you read a wiring diagram?

Ok.. Hang on while I get you the info

Is this the Base Radio? Does it have Navigation? ( or did it have navigation? )

it has navigation.

give me a few.. The Bose Radio with navigation is broken down to 3 or 4 different wiring diagrams. Plus I am going to share the back up camera with you as well.

To simplify the question. Is there a wire under the dash I can use as a trigger to tell the radio to turn on the backup camera. If so what color is the wire.
It is a SSL DD964BNC radio

I don't have any info on any after market radio's

Do you just need to back up camera info?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8m0dq4maazu70l4/1%2009%20murano%20back%20up%20camera.pdf?dl=0

That is the complete info for the Back up Camera. Control unit references and wiring diagram

Is that what you need?

I have the oem backup camera installed anc working. The radio will display the image properly. I just need to send the radio a trigger to tell it to automatically switch to camera mode. I believe that would be a reverse indicator or power to the backup lights that is located under the dash.

I sent you everything on the back up camera.

Did you review the info?

I guess I’m not explains myself well. This is a 2009 Murano that did not come with a backup camera. I have the radio and camera installed. I am looking for a wire coming from the murano witing that I can use to tell the radio when the car is put in reverse so it will turn the camera on.

Oh, it did not come with a Back up camera, so it had a Base audio unit.

So then I would use a Reverse light for a trigger.

Let me give you the Reverse lighting wiring diagram so you can find a trigger signal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqza86hf0cgep0m/1%2009%20Murano%20Reverse%20lamp.pdf?dl=0

I would not use the Reverse signal from the transmission, I would use something off the switch side of the relay for the reverse lamps as a trigger.

I think this will be helpful. Thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician