Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Nissan pathfinder 2013 has 4wd error on, Slip, ABS also…

Hi! My Nissan pathfinder...

Hi! My Nissan pathfinder 2013 has 4wd error on, Slip, ABS also on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

No, I haven't checked the brake fluide

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just started it to go to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just that.

4/3/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

When a 4wd or ABS fault is detected it will turn on all of these lights here.This is usually due to an anti-lock brake sensor or 4wd sensor or actuator at fault needing replaced.But there are several components that can cause this fault here.

What has to be done from here is to have a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.This has to be a scan tool that can read the anti-lock and transfer case computers.There will be at least one code set that will then help to diagnose and locate the fault.

You can continue to drive it this way but keep in mind you will not be able to use the 4wd in most cases and you usually won't have anti-lock brakes.You will still have normal power brakes though.

In some cases, a local parts store can read out the fault codes at no charge to you.They usually cannot diagnose the fault but they can give you an idea of what is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician