Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Was driving the other night then made a right turn not

Customer Question
Second opinion] Was driving...

Second opinion] Was driving the other night then made a right turn not speeding. Then when stopped I put the car in reverse then stepped on the gas then I felt something like pop loose now my case won't move in any gears. Please help i have a 2009 nissan altima

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

As old as the car and what brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the fluids. and i will be fixing myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
4/3/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Has the Axles been checked to see if the Drivers axle popped out? If that axle pops out, you will loose all forward or reverse movement.

Let me know..

Well finally i get a decent response! Thank you. No i have not. But like i said it just popped and wouldnt move no matterwhat gear i put it in.

Yeah.. First thing I would check is that the drivers side axle is fully seated. If it is, then you may have a internal issue in the transmission.

But like I said, I would check that drivers side axle to make sure it did not pop out of the trans.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Oh.. one thing you may want to have checked also. If you did have any axles replaced, Especially the drivers side axle, if after market, I have seen where the axles come in a hair to short and can pop out of the transmission. Normally that would happen on a turn like you experienced. That is why I mentioned it.

The poppimg soumd came from the passenger side.
The pooping side came from the passenger side when i turned left and then it stopped in its tracks.

Passenger axles don't really break often. But if it broke as well, either axle if it pops out or breaks, can cause the vehicle not to move in any direction when put into gear.