Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine heating up. Heat gage all the way over to hot. Heater…

Customer Question
Engine heating up. Heat...

Engine heating up. Heat gage all the way over to hot. Heater will be on, but blows cool air on high. Replaced, thermostat, water pump, radiator, hoses, believe timing is correct, spark plugs and wires seem ok. Before doing all replacement, engine was runing great. Then the heater just started blowing cool air. Reveresed flushed it. Checked every thing could think off, then all of asudden it stared to work again. Then after about a month it went back to no heat. Thats when i started to replace parts. Set the timing at 10 degrees before tdc , worked great next day started heating up again. And again cool air with heater. Is this a common problem with a vg30e nissan engine? Coolant passage blockage, head gasskette, have check spark wires, have not checked fi on left block side or compression. Stumpped!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Thermostat new. On the stove 3 times, then frzeer b/4 install, opened all times correctly, coolant level to the top off radiator , tried to different new coolant caps. Plus bled the engine with bledder valve on intake manifloid.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1991 body, engine is from Japan. B/4 installing engine 2 yrs ago replaced front and rear oil seals, pump and belt. Work done by mechanic that use to race prepare vg30e in cal. Engine ran has ran great for 2 yrs till now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, all the things i put on it in the beginng of the text. All torqued to specs, The radiator taken to rad shop. Bought new one, old one 40 percent blocked, flushed engine twice, block screws and radiator, 5 minutes running just with water hose in intake rad hose! Concern is still why cool air in the heater out put. If i do heads and this still happens then the problem is not the heads. What else would be most likely?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think off.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 day by:
4/3/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 19 days ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I am a little confused on your question but it does sound like the coolant system has never been bleed properly. What model 1991 Nissan is this?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician