Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hard to start and runs very ruff. I am sure, my daughter…

Hard to start and...

Hard to start and runs very ruff

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I am sure, my daughter called me and I am going to drive the 30 miles to her and change the plugs. She said it hardly stays running giving it gas and if you give it a lot of gas blows black smoke

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2015 Nissian Versa Note hatch back

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing to it. This is the first time she has had trouble since we got the car with 125 miles on it and it has 35,000 now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is a check engine light on for flow mass or something like that. Oriley's said that was the code 2 months ago

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

You need to check the fuel pressure regulator and also check for bad/leaking fuel injectors. A bad MAF sensor will cause the opposite condition/lean, NOT rich with black smoke.

Most any quality shop can test this for you.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
That is my problem, there are no shops around that will work on Nissians. I can do most mechanical things except rebuilding engines and transmissions.
Let me drive to my daughter and the car first so that I will be able to give you good answers and try things as you tell me. I will get back ahold of you when I am at the car.

Okay, then try calling AAA for a shop referral. They will help you even if you're not a member. One way or another, these tests need to be done.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link. You may need me again later on.