Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 03 3.5 altima bad a dianosis done at the nissan…

Customer Question
Hello i have a 03...
Hello i have a 03 3.5 altima bad a dianosis done at the nissan dealer they said that the no spark no injector pulse issue is due to the timing chain...i checked cams both are rotating as they should..the car was recently purchased and ran when i bought it had a misfire code..a few days after having the car it began to stall out and die....the vehicle has gottin to the point to where it cranks but doesnt start...coil packs are all brand new,spark plugs are brand new, the dealership saod they reprogrammed the key...whats funny is the SES light is on but checked with up to date obd2 scan tool..no codes found...i figured cam position is completely unrelated to a no spark and injector pulse issue..the car still refuses to start up..i was thinking maybe a bad ecu...i did notice my security light on the dash near the vin under the windshield is not blinking or on at all...keyless emtry remote works locks and unlocks doors..if i open the door when alarm is armedm.alarm does go off...what coukd be my issue here...i check voltage and ground to coils..all are within range..i have no way of checking signal from ecu...bht seems like the ecu is not sending signal to the coil packs ...but again im not getting fuel injector pulse as well..what is going on here...can the timing chain even if the timing is slightly off cause or disable spark and fuel injector pulse....im losing my ming here ive tried justbabout everything i cab think of that would provide spark to the plugs...what am i missing here plz fill me in and bre with me on this one plz i really need ur help
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Nissan
4/2/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 24 days ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This still could be a timing chain issue. But lets try something. Lets unplug Bank 1 Cam Sensor and see if the car starts and idles. If it doesn't, then plug it back in and then unplug bank 2 cam sensor and see if it starts and idles. This is only for testing .. So give that a try and let me know. Also if you have any codes that you know of before you do this, let me know as well.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician