Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Nissan navara d40 2007 has lost a lot of power also has a…

Customer Question
Hi my Nissan navara...

Hi my Nissan navara d40 2007 has lost a lot of power also has a lot of oil in the hot air intake hoses and going down into my intercooller from the turbo was just wondering what you think it could be the seals in the turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Yeah it is no wasn’t at first now runs ruff as

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah I’m looking into fixing it my self just trying to figure out what the main problem is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car cuts out sometimes I think it could be the fuel filter also not sure if that could be the cause of loss of power

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
Fuel pump I mean!
4/2/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 3 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

Two things that cause you this problem and with you losing power i{m going to say failed turbo seals

which is quite common on this engine .

First remove the hose and check the Turbo turbine for play if you can move it up and down and sideways the turbine

has warn out and will damage the seals .

Next for oil in the intake is the engine case breather if the engine is sludged up this will cause breather flow issue and cause oil to pass into the intake but this you will see on the cold intake side if only on the hot side then turbo shaft seal

failure .

This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Hi .

Did you sort out this issue .

Rgds Greg