Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1993 Nissan Sentra no crank no start. We have replaced the…

Customer Question
1993 Nissan Sentra no...

1993 Nissan Sentra no crank no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have replaced the water pump, starter, solenoid, ignition switch, reran wires, new gas, good fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's firing on all banks,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
4/1/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, please clarify as your responses are a bit confusing.Your initial message says the engine will NOT crank? Meaning it won’t even turn?But you later say it’s firing on all banks? How would you even know that if it was not cranking?Clarify whether or not it’s actually cranking (starting turning motor) and we can get started
It ran great for about a month. Then it started running hot from time to time. Then when backing up it made a loud popping noise and stop doing anything. So I had it towed and had the CV joint replaced. Actually the whole front axle cause the CV joint it attached. The next day after getting it from shop the serpentine belt broke had to call road side assistance. 4 days after that the water pump went out. So has to call tow another $200 but got it fixed. The next morning got in it and the starter would do like it should but wouldn't start. I thought maybe because it was cold so waited till noon and went out to see well water was all under it the freeze plugs had fell out. So replaced the freeze plugs waited almost 3 weeks before could afford a Mechanic. Then after he looked at it and again tow to shop to make sure the motor wasn't frozen. Got that fixed got it home next day would not start or crank. So paid a man named Anothy Horton $150 to fix he said needed starter. So ordered starter and man never came back. So I googled how to change starter and followed directions. New starter still nothing. So walked to town creek had starter checked said starter was good silanoid was bad. So ordered a silanoid. Put new silanoid on starter and starter back on car. Still nothing. So paid another guy $40 to say it was ignition so ordered ignition. Put ignition in still nothing. Googled and called was told brain box, then alternator, then fuel pump, emptied gas put new in it. I checked the fuses I could but was told most likely relay but when I tried to pull up a wireing diagram for all the relays couldn't get a basic one of were , what, how

wow!!! I don't know where to start what a freaking nightmare.

So right now the engine will CRANK, but will not start correct? key to START and engine turns and turns just does not fire up correct?

No sir when you turn key all the lights an stuff do as supposed to but nothing else. NO noise at all

Thanks, ***** ***** are you? Do you have a volt meter?

I'm pretty handy , quick learner. No I do not have a volt meter.

Well, if you can get at the LEAST a test light we can get started.

We have to first get the starting circuit tested out though.

Were that at?
You get a meter? I can walk you through it?
Great got it. What's next step.
Can you tell me for future reference how to tell when a relay is bad
Also is there a site or can you email me were the relays are and what they control please

unless a relay is burnt, the easy way to check it is to just test it. energize the coil and make sure it switches.

i have no problem sending you the starting circuit diagram, but I really need you to have a meter or test light to even begin to get started here.