Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I've a titan 2005 just replaced my oil cooler o ring and a…

Customer Question
Hi, I've a titan...

Hi, I've a titan 2005 just replaced my oil cooler o ring and a ball bearing valve fell out. Can I leave the relief valve out til I ordered a new one?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

4 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I just replaced to o ring and encountered the relief valve fell out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just wanted to know if I can drive the truck without the relief valve

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Nissan
3/31/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 22 days ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, and welcome to just answer. NO! Do not run the engine with that relief valve missing. The oil pressure will be too low and you may cause damage to te engine. So find something else to drive until you get it replaced.

I know you probably do not want to hear this, but I have to be honest and truthful.

Chris

Nissan Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 21 days ago

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday. Please let me know if you did. If not I can send it again.

Chris

Nissan Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 20 days ago

Hello, just wondering if you still need help. I replied back to you several days ago and have not heard back at all. Please let me know. If you no longer need any more help, then that is fine, but please let me know so I can close this session.

Thank you!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician