Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had bad coolent hose up behind intake on 98 quest. temp

Customer Question
Had bad coolent hose...

Had bad coolent hose up behind intake on 98 quest . temp never passed half way in gauge . engine light flashed serveral time and car died . unable to restart right away . 45 min later started rough run . made 10 miles died again . unable to put water back in but never passed 1/2 temp gauge . now can start once and keep running if on the fuel dies as soon in gear. cant restart until sits again

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It blinked for 3 mins approx and died

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

98

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to shop was told cost more then mini worth , head gasket blown

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

To me it doesnt seem it head gasket and dont believe it got that hot . it never really pooped cracked and sizzle as hot motors do

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/31/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

The blinking check engine light tells us we have Random Multiple Misfire ? this can happened from plugs and coils ,wires , OR INTAKE LEAK, DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU MAF SENSOR LOCATED ?

UNPLUGGED AND START IT ,DOES IT RUN WITH IT UNPLUGGED ?CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW MAF LOCATION

DID YOU SCAN IT TO SEE WHAT ARE THE FAULTS CODES ? DO YOU HAVE P0300, P0301 ,P0302 ,

NOW THE COOLANT LEAK U SAID U HAD ,DID YOU GET THAT FIXED AND IS WATER LOW IN IN IT OR IT IS FULL AND YOU CAN NOT ADD ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

No scan yet. But maf sensor making since to me. Near leaking hose . thanks for ideals going to do some checking on it in a bit . well let you know . stiil need to fix hose

ok lets do that and let me know I will try to help with it ,TB ODY COULD BE LOSING IDLE , IAC VALVE ,CARBON BUILD UP , CLEAN TB BODY PLATE OR CHECK AT LEAST,

IF YOU CAN DO SMOKE TEST TO CHECK VACUUM LEAKS

READ BELOW HOW TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH ME ANYTIME YOU WANT

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Hey, Just checking to see if you need any additional help on it