Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cannot find Security System bypass Relay Button, or "Valet…

Customer Question
Cannot find Security System bypass...
Cannot find Security System bypass Relay Button, or "Valet Button" on my Nissan Frontier SE V6 2000. Truck won't start. Have had this problem off & on for years. Normally, unlocking & relocking truck resets it. Where is Relay Button? ThankYou
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Are you going to Call Me @ ******** soon?

3/30/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Please do not provide your personal contact number in the question. If you would like a phone call, you would need to request a Premium Service Call.

Based on some of your description it sounds like you have a after market alarm in the truck. Do you know if you do or not?

I don't know. How would I find it? ThankYou

You would need to look under the drivers side dash for any after market wiring. If you see zip ties, that is after market. Just follow the wiring till you find the After Market alarm control unit. If you find it. Most of the time if you unplug it, it will disable the after market alarm. You want to unplug it's one main big plug.

Give me a min, getting you a image..

Not an aftermarket. Apparently, looking for Stock?
Not finding any kind of splice. No modifications. Confirmed. It is Stock blocks.

Does the engine turn over and not start? What is it doing exactly?

Engine not turning over. Have lights & power. Have new Battery. Just barely a year old.
Exact same problem with Security System fail each time. This time Security System Light not coming on.
Where would Relay Button be, original system?
Hello?
I have been charged money. But, not receiving answer to issue. Are you still there?

The factory alarm is integrated into the car. It doesn't not have a valet switch.

Then, how do you bypass it?

If you try to disable the factory alarm, the car will not start since it's all integrated. So I am trying to get additional information from you to see if I can offer direction on what we can do to get the car started.

Since it's integrated, it can not be by passed.

If the factory alarm was your issue, normally it would be going off where the head lights would flash and horn would sound if active.

If the remote is not turning off the factory alarm, if you take the mechanical key and lock and unlock the drivers door that also can turn off the factory alarm

The Alarm has never ever gone off. It is just locking me out

Locking you out in what way? What is it doing exactly?

As previously mentioned, I have repeatedly unlocked & relocked truck. There has to be some kind of bypass. This is ridiculous!
Just not starting

Is the engine turning over and not starting? is there no response from the engine?

There is no by pass. I know you think that. But if there is a by pass, then there is a after market alarm. That description is what made me think you have a after market alarm.

The locking and unlocking could simply have been a coincidence to get it started.

Do you hear any clicking type noise when you try to start it? single click?

No clicking. Not aftermarket. When Ignition is fully engaged, the A/C Fan Moto initially blows, then turns off. Lights stay on. Is there anything I can unplug?

Does the starter engage?

I am trying to get a idea on what the engine is doing when you try to start it. Whether it's turning over and not starting. Whether you turn the key and nothing happens, Do you hear rapid clicking when you try to start it? Single Click when you try to start it .. no no sound at all..

No Starter does not engage. Starter doesn't click, doesn't chatter. Solenoid does not engage. When Ignition turned, nothing happens. I know from past experience, it is the Security System locking me out. Need an immediate solution. Freezing cold. Mechanic not available, due to Easter. Desperately need truck for work. Need some kind of working solution now.

Try putting the truck in drive and hold the key in the crank position and slowly move the shifter into neutral and see if the truck starts..

Unfortunately, the truck is now on a tow truck, which is about to cost me $150+. I'm not happy about this, at all.
I feel that I spent $22, plus an hour & a half getting no good answers. Very displeased.
I want a refund

I am sorry you are not pleased. But since I am not there, I can not see what it's doing. I have been trying to get information to help you and have been taking a while to get that information since you think it's alarm related.

I will put you in for a refund.