Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

While driving, car shut off. Lost all power. No lights,

Customer Question
While driving, car shut...

While driving, car shut off. Lost all power. No lights, flashers, radio. nothing. I checked battery. Good. Changed alternator. Changed stop light switch. Still no power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No power at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2010 altima 2.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Checked battery. changed alternator. change stop light switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing i can think of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/30/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 3 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

do the head lights or the horn work ?

No power,lights,horn,nothing at all. Dead nada no power.

OK YOU WILL HAVE TO START BY CHECKING THE FUSES CHECK THE BIG ONES ON THE SIDE OF THE BATTERY B+ TERMINAL FIRST SOUNDS LIKE ONE OF THEM MOST LIKELY IS BLOWN IF SO YOU MAY HAVE A SHORTED BATTERY OR ALTERNATOR CAUSING IT . LET ME KNOW .