Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I get code po500, and po720

I get code po500, and po720
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Have you done any diagnostics or parts replacing yet?

I replace the vehicle speed sensor in the transmission (oe), reset the light, but i still have problem shifting and brake
Light comes on

Does this affect the transmission shifting up or down or the speedometer?

Only in shifting, when I step in it, and one of that time brake light comes on

Can you monitor the OSS sensor on the CVT transaxle while driving? See if it is dropping the signal out. If so then you have a possible wiring or connector pin resistance issue. If it never drops out then suspect the trans is slipping a little and the expected OSS signal is not matching other speed signals.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician