Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 3.3 liter 6 cylinder nissan frontier. I'm

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 3.3 liter 6 cylinder nissan frontier. I'm getting a TPS DTC code . Checking voltage to the brown wire harness I'm getting battery voltage readings of 12 to 13.3 volts. I have read that voltage should be about 5 volts. What would cause this increased voltage?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Frontier?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Adjusting the TPS and reading the voltage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/29/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What is the exact code you are getting? Did you use a scanner when you tampered with the TPS?

Code is 122. No scanner.

Oh.. Ok.. So you are manually pulling codes. Not using a scanner. Hang on..

I used a scanner for the codes. I thought you meant scanner on TPS.

Is that a P0122 you mean? Cause with out the P0 on it, I am thinking you did a manual reading

No it was a scanner that plugs into the wire harness under the dash. Is that considered a scanner?
I don't remember if it was a PO code.

I need to know if the code was actually a P0122, cause if it's a 122, I have to check cause it could be a different code that the P code.

It is PO122

ok.. Wheew, you were scaring me... Hang on and I will get you the diagnostic steps for this code so you can go through the circuit to isolate your issue..

Ok. Sorry about the confusion.

No problem. I always like to be sure I have the correct information before I share info. This way I know I have provided the correct information.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifj6fwelu0j0mde/1%2002%20FRONTIER.pdf?dl=0

That is the complete diagnostic information for that code. This is right out of the factory service manual.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Did you have any more questions on this?