Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had Jay on yesterday and now when I try and send it

Customer Question
I had Jay on...

I had Jay on yesterday and now when I try and send it doesn't send my messgae.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

04 Nissan Armada

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Armada yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself. I have a short in the tail light circuit. I pulled both bulbs, reached the fuse and it blew when I turn on the lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 23 days ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

I am not Jay but I can help.

Do you have a volt ohm meter so we can do some testing?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Jay, I found melted wiring over the rear coil spring mount from exhaust gases from a broken tailpipe.

I am not Jay, I am Chris.

Do you believe you have found the issue? Did fixing and addressing that wire fix the problem?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it did, thank you
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 22 days ago

I dd not provide an answer for you to rate, but you are welcome.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician