Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Sunroof tilt not functioning. 2008 Rouge. I have only tried…

Customer Question
Sunroof tilt not functioning ...

Sunroof tilt not functioning

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 Rouge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried a reset, it was in a state that could press the open / close it would move two inches as the battery was disconnected so I went thru the relearn procedure

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Now it open and the gets almost to close however stays at the down tilt

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Battery was replaced

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Nissan
3/29/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 29 days ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Are you still having issues programming the sunroof, to get it to work? Cause if the tilt is not working that is normally a program issue. Also let me know how you are programming the sunroof. I would like to see if you have the correct steps.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Get initial car close door turn ignition to on open it and hold down for 10 -15 secs. I also tried to close it however it will not shut completely

you have to keep pressing the sunroof button to get it the roof into position to program. Hold on.. Let me get you the steps. You said this is a 08 right?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
it’s an 08, I pressed the button many times. It’s stopping about 3 inches before it goes to completely close and when you press it a second Tim it stops just at the tilt portion. So I hit the button again and it will not tilt

That is the steps out of the factory service manual. Give that a try and let me know how you make out.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I believe the issue lies I will not got to full close. Do I need to manuall get it there?

If it doesn't fully close, check the front part of the sunroof, there is a defector that should move freely up and down. Make sure that it's getting pressed down when the glass hits it. Other wise if not, it's going to keep you from programming the sunroof.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It stops just before when I hit the button once it will slide from full open to that spot, then when it stops I can hit the button again and it will push down the wind deflector and go to completely close however it’s tilted down inside vehicle

What do you mean it tilts inside the vehicle?

You have to keep pressing the tilt button...

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
You can press the button repeatedly it’s slightly down not fully closed meaning the back of sunroof towards rear of vehicle has a 1” drop so it not level. It’s closed fine before battery was replaced. It seems I need to get it to fully closed position and start from there however I can because it will not fully close no matter how many times I hit the button and it only has the open / close for tilt you just press open

If you have the sunroof fully closed, and the glass is not sitting straight, you may need to adjust the glass on the sunroof track..

Do you know how to do that?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What’s odd is, the tilt was working great until battery died and had to be replaced. What is the procedure for adjusting glass
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I will try this tomorrow, when I have glass out should I see if it will go through a complete cycle with out the glass

Don't try to program it with the glass out. It will jam up and you will be forced to drop the head liner

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Gotcha so your recommend try to adjust it to fully closed and go to reset procedure from there

Move the glass tilt it looks fully closed. Then loosen the hex bolts and push the glass into position then tighten the hex bolts down.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Will do, I’ll get back to you tomorrow after I try that. I appreciate the help.

You got it. During the day I work, so response times may vary. Just giving you the heads up. I am mainly online in the evenings.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Me as well, in a body shop. Thanks again have a good evening

You got it. Have a good night

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician