Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Sentra just can't shift out of 1st gear day,but when I

Hey My sentra just...

Hey My sentra just can't shift out of 1st gear day,but when I restart it ,it's just back to normal.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

No it's automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sentra?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did nothing, just restart it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I search the google ,I found one guy has the same problem with his versa

3/28/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

How many miles do you have on the car and do have a check engine light on when the car is running?

36000 miles ,the engine light is off when I'm running.

So if the transmission is staying engaged and not shifting out, this could be a power train issue which would be covered under warranty since you have a 5 year or 60k mile warranty on the engine & transmission. So you may want to have the dealer check this for you cause if there is no warning lights, that normally is a indication of a mechanical issue with the transmission

I have also see where customers think the vehicle is not shifting cause it's making a roaring type noise when that is actually due to a bad wheel bearing. So you may want to have that checked as well.

thank you, ***** ***** is a little weird after I restart the car and drive it back to road again, the problem disappeared. Does it possible to come again ?

How often does this happen?

It is just first time .

so this only happened 1 time?

I'm not sure whether this symptom is normal. When it stucks, the sound seems a little bit noisy.

If it happened only one time, they may not be able to do anything. But you may want to just swing by the dealer and have them road test with you for the noise to see if it is anything to be concerned about.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Thank you very much .

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com