Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1st generation Leaf. I wasn't driving it because I…

Customer Question
Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a 1st generation Leaf. I wasn't driving it because I live just far enough from work that in the winter it runs close. I realized I hadn't driven it in about a month.I had been told it shouldn't sit for too long. So, I turned it on in my garage, with the radio, heater and lights on so it would use some of the battery. I would recharge it an be good to go again. But, I got distracted (my sister called) and I forgot. It ran like that all night. When I went to the garage it had completely run out of charge. And now it won't recharge. I know, I feel ridiculous.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Leaf?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Leaf yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know what I don't know! LOL

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you try leaving the vehicle on the charger over night to see if it would take a charge, cause it may not let you know right away it's taking a charge right away since it's stone dead.

Let me know..

OK, how soon would it show? The blue lights don't come on to show it is charging...If I answer later, will I still hear back from you?

How long has it been on the charger?