Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2016 Rogue won't start this am. All lights and electronics…

2016 Rogue won't start...

2016 Rogue won't start this am. All lights and electronics on full, cranks, but seems like it is not getting fuel or enough as during start if feels like it fires a bit but not enough to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. Nothing yet as issue just happened...never had a problem before

3/28/2018
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question.Since the engine is cranking, let’s try something. Please depress the gas pedal 3/4 the way down and attempt to start it a couple more times.
Generally what I see happening when the engine is cranking fine, but there are no warning lights on these cars, is that someone started the car and moved it a short distance and shit it back off. When the engine is cold this floods it out and it has trouble restarting.
before we go any deeper, since the engine is in fact cranking, try this for me FIRST. It may take a couple tries.
you were correct. I was able to get it started but I had to keep my foot on the gas to do it. I had moved it just a couple feet yesterday when I was cleaning the tires. This is my folks car which is waiting for them to come back from their trip today. Was totally surprised by this as they have had it a couple yrs, has 50k miles, and have never had an issue.
Yea, I see it from time to time glad it worked for ya!If you need anything else let me know! If not just please be sure to leave a kind rating is all I ask!!!
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician