Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima 4 cyl. I left switch on and had…

I have a 2006 Nissan...
I have a 2006 Nissan Altima 4 cyl. I left switch on and had to get a jump start...Now I have no power to my radio fuse No radio. I checked all fuses in the car/under the hood.
3/28/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a test light?

Did you check all fuses with a test light?

I use a test light to check all fuses. I am not gettin current to the radio fuses inside the car.

I check them all. Inside the car and by the Battery. You don't need to check the fuses in the IPDM. There is no Radio fuse in there..

I check. Radio fuse by the battery test light says good. Fuse box inside no current to radio slots. Fuses in is good. What is blocking the current to the radio fuse

Hang on and let me get you all the fuse locations.

But while I am doing this, try this for the heck of it. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then connect it and see if the radio comes back on.

Do you know if this is a Base, Midline, or Bose Radio?

I will go outside and disconnext the cable. Worth a try

Ok.. Let me know the model type radio while it's disconnected and I will work on getting fuse locations just in case...

After market BOSS radio

It's a After market radio?

after market radio. At the time of the jump start it blew my dome light bulb. I se ny voltmeter to check dome light It shows 12 volt across point. Inside fuse box inside car the two 10 amps slots has no current

What is the fuse location that has no power?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifcf11jedrwz6r3/1%2006%20Alt%20fuse%20box.jpg?dl=0

Also if the dome light stopped working, you should see power at least on one side of the bulb?

Fuse #8&9. I do have power on one side of the dome 12v
Time to hook cable back?

8 is part for heated mirrors, and 9 is for DTRL which if you have a US model, you don't have..

yeah. lets see what happens when you connect it.

Since this is not a factory radio, this trick may not work.. But lets see..

Maybe I gave u the wrong number. The label inside the box says radio and other electronic. I will recheck numbers. Two 10amps fuse together right above the fuse puller

That may be fuse 6? Make sure you check the fuse with a test light with the ignition in the ON position..

Reconnect ground cable. Radio is on

Radio is now working?

radio is working. I bought dome bulb from Auto zone and it did not come on. Maybe I need factory bulb if I have power to one side?

If you have power on one side, that means the fuse is good and there must be a bulb issue or a ground issue with the light.

I am glad we got the Radio working. After you told me it was a After Market Radio, I was not sure if my trick would work.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Thank you very much. A very big help. I am sure if I get right bulb it will work

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com