Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 quest 85,000 miles .Put new tires on and was told

2011 quest 85,000 miles...

2011 quest 85,000 miles .Put new tires on and was told needed brake pads ,then rotors. driving home brakes were 'loose'' and went to floor and car was pulling to right - I paid to check and have aligned b/c I was feeling a tiny slight pull. I called to inform about problems, took it back b/c they said probably lines weren't bled of air totally...now I'm told I need a new master cylinder.This is my third nissan and I've never had anything like this repair job and others had over 100,000 miles. How can I tell if I'm being duped or if these guys just don't know what they are doing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried "bleeding the brakes" to get any air out of the line?

Supposedly they did.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. the well known tire company .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. Has this presented as a problem before with the quest? Is this a normal repair to be this extensive?

3/27/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

did the work get done at a Nissan dealer ?

what do you mean by the brakes was loose . did they leave something loose ?

no, I went to Firestone to get rec.. tires. Brakes did not respond as usual. When I pushed down while driving home, they gave without resistance before almost going to floor.
No I would rather stay on computer.
Called and they responded the lines were probably not bled and had air in them.
OK ,Are you still there?

o​k opening the brake lines are the need to bleed the system is not a normal part of just replacing the pads and rotors so something happen when the brake was taking apart that cause them to have to bleed the system this is most likely the same thing that cause the master to go bad , they most likely lost all the fluid and end up pumping the pedal with no fluid to the master that cause this if you had normal brake pedal when you went there then they should fix this for free

did they replace any lines or calipers ?

to answer your questions no this is not normal something happen to cause this

Ok,What you are saying is that they shouldn't have drained any brake fluid at all with replacement and it is their fault that the master cylinder is having to be replaced?

yes no fluid should have come out of the system to cause it to need bleeding if all they did was replace the pads and rotors . is that all that was done to the brakes ??

no lines, calipers were replaced. Did replace brake fluid which was charged.

if the calipers were replace then the system had to be bleed but it is still not normal for the master to go bad because if this . it is also not normal for the calipers to need replacement at this age and miles .

Sorry. The calipers were not replaced. That should have been "or" between those two...

ok this could also be cause by the flushing of the system . ether way your master was fine when you gave them the car and you should insist that they replace it at no cost

i would ask to speak to the district manager and take it up with that person

Thank you for the information. I had to leave my car because of the condition of the brakes. I will be calling tomorrow morning.

yo​ur welcome . please rate the service before you go using the rating button at the top of the chat page as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Will do. Thank you!

your welcome have a good night