Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 nissan murano with no lights or anything on…

Hello, i have a...

Hello, i have a 2005 nissan murano with no lights or anything on the dashboard. I'm having some jerking issues. Once im over a certain speed, tbe jerking doesn't happen. Ive taking it to be looked at and i can't seem to get an answer. I don't think it bad gas cause i thought so and treated that, it's not my transmission cause it's shifting out like it suppose.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I haven't...the dashboard bulbs are working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, i took it to different types of shops to be looked at

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else i know of

Hello
3/27/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have any warning lights on? When you say no lights you mean the cluster lights are not illuminating?

Correct, no lights are on......only seatbelt light9

Do you have a Volt Meter to do some basic checks?

What is a volt meter

Ok.. I am going to take that as a No.. A Volt Meter is what is used to measure voltage. The most common thing I have seen which could cause the dash lights not to come on, and cause jerking is if battery voltage starts to get low. If battery voltage gets low, certain systems will shut down to keep the car running. This is normally due to a Alternator not charging properly. So I was going to have you check the charging system if you had a volt meter.

So for your issue, I would start off by checking the charging system to see if the Alternator is charging properly. If it is, then I would check all fuses to make sure none are blown.

If the area where the mileage is not showing any digits, but is illuminated, that is a internal failure with in the cluster and the cluster would need to be replaced.

Do u think i can go get it checked at auto zone

When it comes to auto zone, the way they check the charging system I have found multiple times is not accurate, unless you go to their service center. If you have it done out in the parking lot with the small hand held, not accurate. If they hook up the big machine to it. That is the most accurate.

The mileage area is working

Ok.. I am not able to see what you are seeing so I am just dropping additional information. Just in case.

Ok, what other places should i take it cause i don't they have a big machine, i dont think so
if this isnt the case then what should i do
Hello, are u there

finishing up my work day. Sorry... Yes I am here...

Well I said, if it's not a charging system issue, I would check fuses...

u r sure that it could be 1 of the 2 problems?

Those are the two most common things..

Based on your description and my experience working on Nissan's for 27 years. It could be a number of things, but those two are the most common.

Ok ill check those things and thank u

If you do need a Alternator, do not get one after market. Get it from the dealer. After market ones never work right and last about a year or less.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Ok thanks and i will